Fifty-one-year-old Diane Thompson had been residing alone in Alford, Lincolnshire for the last 14 years. She had never encountered any problems with her living situation, though, and was happy with just the company of her beloved Jack Russell named Bella. However, that was until the first Saturday of February when the unexpected happened.
At 3:30 am that day, Diane awoke to Bella’s continuously barking. She was confused why the pup seemed to be in such a daze, but she initially dismissed the noise and repeatedly called the canine to bed. When the Jack Russell wasn’t heeding her calls, she decided that she might as well use the bathroom while she was up.
As Diane got downstairs, though, she was dumbfounded by what she saw. Her entire living room was covered in smoke caused by an electrical fault in her cupboard under the stairs. Coincidentally, the fire was right next to the gas meter, and a few more minutes of neglect would surely blow the house to pieces.
Without second thoughts, the fur mom called for the fire brigade and rushed out of the house with Bella. Fortunately, it didn’t take long for the firefighters to come to the site and put out the flames. However, this still wasn’t enough to preserve the house.
You see, the smoke damage was so bad that Diane couldn’t salvage much from her items. She shared that she had to throw most of her ornament and pictures away and move out of her beloved home. Thankfully, she and Bella received overwhelming support from the community and got transferred to temporary accommodation.
Her friends and neighbors also chipped in to help the fur mom get back on her feet. Although what happened to her was indeed unfortunate, Diane said that she was lucky enough to have Bella, whom she now owed her life to. Look at the smart pup and her fur mom here.
This smart puppy saved her owner from a house fire! pic.twitter.com/YY3lVM0tpG
— Nelle Tolentino (@nelle_tolentino) February 22, 2021
Courtesy of @nelle_tolentino