Heroic Pomeranian Sandy, 10 years, ran back into her home on fire. She would not leave her best friend Tina, a tiny, blind, 13-year-old Chihuahua behind, trapped inside.
Sparked By An Electrical Fault
This happened in Hertfordshire, Britain when Mrs. Lily Ifield’s apartment caught fire, sparked by an electrical fault in the early morning hours. The electrical fire erupted in the cupboard where her meters are kept.
The home was blanketed in billowing black smoke and it was impossible to see anything. Panicking and confused Mrs. Ifield managed to find her way out as soon as she could. Luckily she escaped unharmed from her burning and smoke filled home.
Once outside she called out her Pomeranian, Sandy, whom she, to her relief, found standing beside her. Before she can think straight however, something unpredictable happened.
Pomeranian Realized Tina, The Chihuahua, Was Still Inside
Sandy dashes back into the smoke-filled home on fire, when she realized that her tiny friend Tina, the Chihuahua, was still inside. Tina is blind and really tiny, certainly not easy to find under such circumstances in a smoke-filled house.
Sandy had her dog senses to guide her and found her tiny Chihuahua friend, it turned out. But for a while Mrs. Ifield was petrified standing outside afraid to lose her both pets as they did not come back out.
The fire fighters arrived to the location and one of them, Pat Steadman, heard her say her two dogs were still inside. He could not believe the bravery of the Pomeranian to rush back into the smoke and fire for her little friend.
Equipped and in gear he dashed in as well and found them sitting on the kitchen floor, side by side. Sandy was looking after the blind Chihuahua. When the firefighter came out again Mrs. Ifield expected the worse.
Not Affected By The Toxic Smoke
But he had the two friends in his arms and said he got them out on time and that they had not been affected by the toxicity of the smoke.
He said he had never seen such a small Chihuahua. Most probably he would not have been able to detect her in the smoke if it was not for the brave Pomeranian, standing by her side in the kitchen. It was clear to him they were only going to escape together.
They Have Become Inseparable
The dogs and Mrs. Ifield’s parrot Rio escaped unharmed from the electrical fire. Later she said to the news reporter that Sandy and Tina always had been very best friends and Sandy was always looking after Tina because of her handicap, but that since the fire they have become inseparable.
In the wake of the fire the family were moved to a hotel while their home was under repairs
Credit: Daily Express, UK
Pictures :East News